WHICH PRODUCT ARE YOU MOST INTERESTED IN LEARNING ABOUT? *
3M™ 7900 Series
Thank you for your interest in learning more about preventing damages with our products. A member of our sales team will be in touch shortly.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
TOLL FREE :
3M™ Warning Tape 7900 Series
Minnesota SPECIFICATIONS & Guidelines
Minnesota Department of Transportation
MnDOT Standard Specifications for Construction, 2020 Edition
Construction Requirements, Underground Wiring
"Install underground non-detectable marking tape 12 to 18 in above the interconnect cable or conduit."
Document: Volume II, 2020 Edition - page 723
Underground Non-Detectable Marking Tape, Requirements
Use underground non-detectable marking tape meeting the following:
(1) 3 in wide
(2) Lead free
(3) American Public Works Association (APWA) Uniform Color Code for marking underground facilities
(4) 4.0 mil minimum thickness in accordance with ASTM D2103-05, Standard Specifications for Polyethylene Film and Sheeting
(5) Tensile strength minimum 2.750 psi in accordance with ASTM D882-02, Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Thin Plastic Sheeting
(6) Elongation minimum 500 percent in accordance with ASTM D882-75B, Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Thin Plastic Sheeting for Elongation
(7) Printability ≥ 40 Dynes in accordance with ASTM D2578, Standard Test Method for Wetting Tension of Polyethylene and Polypropylene Films
B Communication Line Marking Tape
In addition to the general requirements for non-detectable marking tape in this section use marking tape for underground communication lines meeting the following:
(2) Black lettering imprinted with the inscription, 'CAUTION - MnDOT COMMUNICATION LINE BELOW'
C Electric Line Marking Tape
In addition to the general requirements for non-detectable marking tape in this section use marking tape for underground electric lines meeting the following:
(2) Black lettering imprinted with the inscription, 'CAUTION - MnDOT ELECTRIC LINE BELOW'"
Document: 2020 Edition, Volume 1 -pages 965-966
Underground Non-Detectable Marking Tape, Sampling and Testing
"The Department reserves the right to sample, test, inspect, and accept or reject underground non-detectable marking tape based on its own tests."
Document: 2020 Edition, Volume 1 - page 966
Call Before You Dig
Gopher State One Call
811 or Local: 651-454-0002, Toll Free: 800-252-1166
← Back to Resources
Copyright © 2022 Damage Prevention Solutions, LLC