What Product features are you most interested in?
Preventing Excavation Damages
Options for Open Trench Installation
Options for Boring Installation
Tracer Wire Location
Radiofrequency (RF) Location
Thank you for your interest in learning more about preventing damages with our products. A member of our sales team will be in touch shortly.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
TOLL FREE :
TRACETAPE™ DETECTABLE TAPE
BORETRACE™ DETECTABLE TAPE
3M™ PathMarking Tapes
Minnesota SPECIFICATIONS & Guidelines
Minnesota Department of Transportation
MnDOT Standard Specifications for Construction, 2020 Edition
Construction Requirements, Underground Wiring
"Install underground non-detectable marking tape 12 to 18 in above the interconnect cable or conduit."
Document: Volume II, 2020 Edition - page 723
Underground Non-Detectable Marking Tape, Requirements
Use underground non-detectable marking tape meeting the following:
(1) 3 in wide
(2) Lead free
(3) American Public Works Association (APWA) Uniform Color Code for marking underground facilities
(4) 4.0 mil minimum thickness in accordance with ASTM D2103-05, Standard Specifications for Polyethylene Film and Sheeting
(5) Tensile strength minimum 2.750 psi in accordance with ASTM D882-02, Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Thin Plastic Sheeting
(6) Elongation minimum 500 percent in accordance with ASTM D882-75B, Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Thin Plastic Sheeting for Elongation
(7) Printability ≥ 40 Dynes in accordance with ASTM D2578, Standard Test Method for Wetting Tension of Polyethylene and Polypropylene Films
B Communication Line Marking Tape
In addition to the general requirements for non-detectable marking tape in this section use marking tape for underground communication lines meeting the following:
(2) Black lettering imprinted with the inscription, 'CAUTION - MnDOT COMMUNICATION LINE BELOW'
C Electric Line Marking Tape
In addition to the general requirements for non-detectable marking tape in this section use marking tape for underground electric lines meeting the following:
(2) Black lettering imprinted with the inscription, 'CAUTION - MnDOT ELECTRIC LINE BELOW'"
Document: 2020 Edition, Volume 1 -pages 965-966
Underground Non-Detectable Marking Tape, Sampling and Testing
"The Department reserves the right to sample, test, inspect, and accept or reject underground non-detectable marking tape based on its own tests."
Document: 2020 Edition, Volume 1 - page 966
Call Before You Dig
Gopher State One Call
811 or Local: 651-454-0002, Toll Free: 800-252-1166
← Back to Resources
Copyright © 2023 Damage Prevention Solutions, LLC