Designed to be pulled to the surface, directly alerting the equipment operator to the existence of a buried facility. This is due to the inclusion of a 3,000-pound tensile strength para-aramid fiber core material that ensures Signaltape does not shear until visible to the equipment operator.
- Sinusoidal core is made of shear resistant para-aramid fiber.
- Patent-pending sine wave creates slack which coupled with its high strength works to pull tape to surface without shearing underground.
- The proprietary technology also allows the tape to maintain performance from varying angles of approach.
- Hydrophobic material allows the film to be more visible in the toughest conditions.
- Provide clear confirmation of buried utilities. Printed legend is fully customizable to include color logos, symbols, and text of any size/font at no additional cost.
- Our process allows the embedding of location devices including any tracer wire or 3M™ RF path markers.
Electric, Telecommunications, Gas, Water, Wastewater
Open Trench Installation
4", 6", 12"
Nondetectable: 1,000 feet
Detectable: 500 feet
12" or less below grade
3,000 lbf . (tested to ASTM D-6775)
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple
It is recommended that Signaltape® Underground Warning Tape be buried 12 in (30 cm) or less below grade. The minimum distance from the top of the pipeline should be 12 in, with 24 - 36 in (60 - 90 cm) recommended as shown below.
Each run of Signaltape® must be overlapped by a minimum of 20 ft (6 m) or must be joined as shown on instruction sheet where possible.
Signaltape may also be installed with static or vibratory plow.
For complete Installation Instructions and Limited Warranty access downloadable Instruction Sheet below.
Current available options: Water, Reclaimed Water, Sewer, Electric, Fiber Optic, and Gas.
Legend customization is optionally available and allows for the disclosure of contents and inclusion of emergency contact number along with digitally printed text, logos, and symbols in full color.
Designed with best practices in mind, Signaltape® offers the option to embed tracer wire in the tape.
> PE (30) Jacketed Tracer Wire in 14 AWG CCS or 12 AWG CCS, other options may be available upon request.
> Signaltape® Technology is available with embedded radiofrequency (RF) path markers in the 3M™ Electronic Marking System (EMS) Warning Tape 7900 Series.
> Trenchtape™ Underground Warning Tape features Signaltape® Technology combined with a 20" wide film.