This mesh warning tape alternative uses Signaltape® Technology to prevent the tape from shearing underground during excavation, allowing the tape to provide an adequate warning to excavators.
- Sinusoidal core is made of shear resistant para-aramid fiber.
- Patent-pending sine wave creates slack which coupled with its high strength works to pull tape to surface without shearing underground.
- The proprietary technology also allows the tape to maintain performance from varying angles of approach.
- The bottom layer of Trenchtape™ features yellow and black warning stripes. The top layer which is 12" wide allows for customization and APWA color coding.
- Custom legends provide clear confirmation of buried utilities. Our digital print process allows for customization including full color logos, symbols, and text.
- Our process allows the embedding of location devices including any tracer wire.
Nondetectable: 1,000 feet
Detectable: 500 feet
12" or less below grade
3,000 lbf . (tested to ASTM D-6775)
Electric, Telecommunications, Gas, Water, Wastewater
Open Trench Installation
Available in all APWA Compliant colors:
Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple
It is recommended that Trenchtape™ Underground Warning Tape be buried 12 in (30 cm) or less below grade. The minimum distance from the top of the pipeline should be 12 in, with 24 - 36 in (60 - 90 cm) recommended as shown below.
Each run of Trenchtape™ must be overlapped by a minimum of 20 ft (6 m) or must be joined as shown on instruction sheet where possible.
For complete Installation Instructions and Limited Warranty access downloadable Instruction Sheet below.
Current available options: Water, Reclaimed Water, Sewer, Electric, Fiber Optic, and Gas.
Legend customization is optionally available and allows for the disclosure of contents and inclusion of emergency contact number along with digitally printed text, logos, and symbols in full color.
Designed with best practices in mind, Trenchtape™ offers the option to embed tracer wire in the tape.
> PE (30) Jacketed Tracer Wire in 14 AWG CCS or 12 AWG CCS, other options may be available upon request.