What Product features are you most interested in?
Preventing Excavation Damages
Options for Open Trench Installation
Options for Boring Installation
Tracer Wire Location
Radiofrequency (RF) Location
Thank you for your interest in learning more about preventing damages with our products. A member of our sales team will be in touch shortly.
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
TOLL FREE :
TRACETAPE™ DETECTABLE TAPE
BORETRACE™ DETECTABLE TAPE
3M™ PathMarking Tapes
UTAH SPECIFICATIONS & Guidelines
Utah Department of Transportation
UDOT 2020 Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction
Section 13553 3.2.G
ATMS Conduit, Installation
“Provide detectable pull tape in all conduits
1. Install continuously between junction boxes.
2. Fasten securely to conduit plug and leave 6 ft of pull tape slack inside of the conduit.
3. Do not splice detectable pull tape in conduit.
4. Use flat profile, low stretch polyester, 1,200 lb tensile strength detectable pull tape that is sequential footage marked.
5. Verify that the pull tape is detectable throughout its entire length by performing a continuity test or equivalent verification.
6. Detectable pull tape not required in microducts.”
Section 13553 3.2.K
ATMS Conduit, Installation, Warning Tape
“1. Install orange warning tape with black legend “Caution – Buried Communication Cable,” in all trenches containing multi-duct conduit or conduit containing communication cables.
2. Install red warning tape with black legend “Caution – Buried Electric” in all other trenches.
3. Not required when flowable fill is directly overlaid with asphalt pavement or PCCP.
4. Not required when boring or plowing conduit.”
Call Before You DIg
Blue Stakes of Utah 811
811 or 800-662-4111
← Back to Resources
Copyright © 2022 Damage Prevention Solutions, LLC